Finally Some Love For My Passport!

Zagreb Travel Blog

Noooooo! For the first time in the month I've been in Europe, I've failed to get a postcard for my collection-my train left the station at 6:30 and no tourist shops were open to fill my need. Hmmm...I'll have to find a way to get one. I got a little sleep on the train ride from Budapest to Zagreb this morning, but was rather confused when the train stopped for at least 45 minutes in what appeared to be the middle of nowhere. It was rather crap weather, and I was suddenly worried that Croatia wouldn't end up being what I'd dreamt of. For the first time since I'd gotten to Portugal, I actually had immigration check my passport and stamp me. Sweet! My passport has definitely not gotten the love it deserves for having been to 10 countries in the past month! All in all, I had four people check my passport, and two stamp it at just the Croatian border. I thought this was a bit odd, but whatever.

Starving and heading to where the signs pointed to food, I moved to the next train and suddenly realized that I had gotten in at first class. No one had said anything, so it's all good, but I headed to another train anyway. Finally in Zagreb, I had a fairly uneventful afternoon that consisted of a delicious classic Croatian dinner of pub sausage and overcooked beans (yes, that's what they were actually called in the menu), and amazing rolls. then headed out in the drizzle to find a Lord of the Rings themed pub that the 19 year old boys had found in their guide book. Turns out it was closed, but the night turned out not to be too shabby as I met three Canadians who are teaching in England and just on holiday. We played cards in the lounge, and after hearing them talk about the Plitvice Lakes, I was intrigued. It wasn't long before I had plans to head over there with them in the morning. I'm excited!

photo by: EmEm