Coming back journey Part II... more adventure!

Shreveport Travel Blog

Well this is the second part of my journey back to Ruston. I had spent the night at College Station and in the morning I went getting a car rental at the airport. The car was all covered by ice and I had to use fresh water to help de-ice it. As soon as I could open a spot through where I could see, I started driving back to Louisiana.

The trip was good, uneventful, and I was just browsing for rock radio stations along the road. I needed to go collect my check in Ruston first, so I drove all the way to the university. Having done that and going to the bank as well, I came home for a bit and downloaded my bags. Now I just needed to go back to Shreveport, deliver the rental car and come back to Ruston in a Greyhound, sounds easy, right?

Well, I got into the airport and after delivering my rental car I took a taxi to the greyhound station. I have already mentioned what happened in my Greyhound review, there was no room for me in the bus even though I had bought my ticket online, so I decided to stay in Shreveport for the night and go to a casino, since there was nothing else that I could do. I went to Sam’s Town because it was only 4 blocks away from the bus station. This was my second experience in a casino, so I was there as a complete newbie. I didn’t mind asking for instructions in every game I played. At first I did pretty good, especially in the three card poker, but later on I lost it all on Texas Hold’em. When I was done losing money I booked a room in the hotel and retired to sleep since I was very tired.

I had set the alarm to ring at 6 AM, but I must have done something wrong because it never rang. I got up luckily at 6.45, so I had 15 minutes to catch my bus! I didn’t want to lose it again, so I ran down to the front desk, left the keys and ran to the bus station. I got there just in time before it departed! I sat next to a nice Chinese girl who could barely speak English. When I got back to Ruston, I walked to my house and my trip was over! It was a whole adventure to come back!

montecarlostar says:
I guess it's not very common to have them down there! We've been suffering from some unusual cold here in Ruston as well. Can't wait for the spring!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010
vances says:
Yes, my business associates in College Station were confounded by the sub-zero temperatures too!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010