College Station... the first stop!

College Station Travel Blog

Downtown buildings

It was Saturday morning, my trip had just begun! A friend from Ruston was moving to College Station and he asked me for some help. It fit perfectly on my plans since I could then fly from Houston to El Paso for my journey home. This time I couldn’t do my typical Monroe-Houston-Chihuahua since the ticket price was outrageous: $950 dlls! I would go to Australia instead with that money! So, there was a much cheaper option flying Houston-El Paso and I convinced my sister to go pick me up there. J She was at first reluctant to, but then I convinced my nieces that we could do some Christmas shopping and visit the zoo and they became my supporters convincing my sister of the trip :D

So, returning to my friend and his moving, we had loaded the U-haul the night before and went to Applebee’s for some dinner and drinks.

Texas A&M Football Stadium
We didn’t have much to load this morning, except his car on the trailer, so we just hit the road at 6 AM. The drive was long since we couldn’t do more than 50 mph on the U-Haul. We finally arrived in College Station at 2 PM and went through the miserable process of putting our cargo down. Everything was ok except for a big sofa that was almost impossible to get through the door. We finally managed to get it in, not without some damage, unfortunately. After that, we went delivering the U-Haul and then for some lunch at the Great Wall Chinese Buffet.

I asked him to go touring Texas A&M just a bit, and I found it to be a very big and impressive campus, much larger than my dear Louisiana Tech! Anyway, we were a bit exhausted of the trip so we took a little nap after coming back to the apartment.

montecarlostar says:
Thanks so much Sarah! I enjoy the attention hahaha :) Cheers!
sarahsan says:
Wow! Featured again Carlos! A big congrats to you!
montecarlostar says:
Thanks so much Kora and Ian! Yes, the greyhound review was quite visited. Maybe that's what made the whole blog being featured. And I am glad because I think it is important that nobody here ever takes a ride on those terrible buses!
College Station Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice chinese buffet!
This buffet was a great option in College Station. I didn’t find it to be very different from other Chinese buffets, but it had many more food optio… read entire review
College Station