A promise made...

Dublin Travel Blog

McDonalds Clondalkin

A while ago, while still in the Netherlands, I made a promise to my daughters. They both love McDonalds (name me a kid that doesn't) so it was decided that, while in Ireland, we would have a Macca's breakfast. Today was the day I fulfilled that promise!

We walked to the local branch and ordered a McMuffin with bacon, egg and cheese and a hash brown for each of us. A cappuccino for me, water and coke for the kids. Yum! We used to do this a lot while living in Australia and it's a shame they don't do breakfast like this in The Netherlands! No playground for the kids here though, so there are advantages and disadvantages everywhere...

After Maccas we did some more shopping, which seems to be becoming a central theme these holidays. That's one thing about Christmas, there are so many things that need to be done that you can hardly call it a holiday really. We'll just have to come back another time and do some more stuff we want to do instead of racing around like headless chickens a lot of the time!

In the afternoon we also went to visit Salesian House, my mum's old workplace, for an exchange of gifts. The kids were spoiled rotten of course!

The rest of the day was spent quietly at home.

My breakfast