Christmas Day with the family

Dublin Travel Blog

Tree with gifts

After a late night Jordan woke up at her regular time of around 7am. She was quite happy to go downstairs and play while the rest of us slept a little longer! We eventually all got up and had breakfast around 10, after which we were allowed to unwrap our gifts. Everyone was happy with the stuff they got except me! (Only joking, I didn't get all my presents yet as one wasn't available on time, but I am being given a new camera so I am VERY happy about that! The rest of the stuff I got was really good too.)

The whole day was spent playing games, watching telly and talking, with always something to eat or drink at hand. Around half past three my stepdad's sister arrived and there were more gifts before we sat down to dinner at around 5pm. We had the traditional stuff: turkey, ham, stuffing, brussels sprouts, carrot, mashed and roast potatoes and potato croquettes. For starters there was soup and smoked salmon on brown bread, and for dessert cheesecake and Christmas pudding. Of course there were Christmas crackers and paper hats too (no pics I'm sorry)!

The girls went to bed at a decent time after which I spent some time on the phone talking to a friend in The Netherlands whom I would have liked to have spent Christmas with... Some more drinks and snacks after that and a great Irish movie on television: The Commitments. The memories!

The girls
The girls
James
James
Reagan loving her new MP3 player!
Reagan loving her new MP3 player!
Playing Twister