Dublin Travel Blog

Today started a little bit too early to my taste. As I worked a late shift last night I would have preferred to stay in bed a bit longer but what do you do when your flight leaves in the early afternoon... My daughters spent the night with my sister so at least Riekus and I could wake up at our own speed and have breakfast in peace. Riekus was driving the girls and I to the airport which saved us getting the train there and having to leave even earlier!

We picked up the girls and took off with me driving to Schiphol. We were flying Aer Lingus for a change, we normally fly Ryan Air but as this was cheaper for a change we made use of the opportunity of taking a more comfortable flight. It is also a lot easier on the way back as there is a direct train from Schiphol to Meppel as opposed to getting a few buses and trains from Eindhoven!

We got to the airport with some time to spare so we checked in at one of the check-in terminals and then decided to have some lunch before the flight. After that we said our goodbyes and the girls and I walked to the plane. As the flight was quite full we were told we had to check in two of our bags. If I'd known I would have packed some more stuff, it doesn't happen often that you can check in your bags for free these days!

The flight was reasonably comfortable and quite uneventful. We got to Dublin a little early but then had to wait for the luggage so I tried to send my mum an sms which for some reason would not work. I also tried to let Riekus know that we arrived safely but this wouldn't work either! I tried over and over again but for some reason I cannot call or sms anyone from my phone, either in Ireland or at home. I have sent an email to my provider to find out what the problem is but so far no response. I also couldn't get my laptop to work so I will be using my mum's to write this blog.

pms70 says:
That is a coincidence! Where in Clondalkin? We'll probably find out we went to school together or something...LOL
Posted on: Jan 27, 2010
koala says:
Well, that is interesting my very good friend lives in Clondalkin as well!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2010
pms70 says:
Thanks Mehmet, wish I could upload the pics though but that might have to wait until I get home!
Posted on: Dec 21, 2009