Dutch queen

Bratislava Travel Blog

During the day I received several text messages and e-mails asking me if I had seen our queen in Bratislava. Untill then I had no idea she was in town. Normally I'\m not very interested in our royalty, but now that she was in Bratislava I thought I should go and see her.

I found out that she would visit a performance in the opera building that evening.
The opera building is less then 100 metres from the office, so after work me and Martin (Slowakian colleague) walked over to the Opera building and waited for the queen to arrive. There were some other people as well, whom I had to explain several times what we were waiting for. During the wait Martin told me all about the history of Slowakia and Bratislava. I think he learned all the wikipedia pages on his country by heart; he started his story with the first settlers in Slowakia, the Celts , and ended with present day history. In the meantime he threw so many dates and facts at me that I hardly remember anthing from it.

I thought I had a pretty good spot for taking a picture, but when the queen stepped out of her car, several people jumped in front of me. I did not have a chance taking a picture untill after she'd started walking aweay from us.

photo by: EmyG