Under the Tuscan Sun...

Cortona Travel Blog

Today, a group of us took a day trip to the city of Cortona, probably most famous currently for being the setting of the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun".  The city had a quaint, smaller town feel.  There were a couple of cool spots to look out over the landscape.  There were a lot of shops, mostly antique type things.  One store had these cool Etruscan looking bronze horses that I liked.  I might go back and get one eventually.  The city is only about a 7 minute train ride from Castiglion Fiorentino.  We actually took the bus on the way there because you need to take a bus anyway from the train station all the way to the top of the hill.  We missed the bus on the way home, so we had to take the train back.  We didn't really see any of the sights like the church or anything...mostly just walked around the shops and ate lunch there.  I had pizza funghi (mushrooms) and a sprite.  Tomorrow we'll probably just relax at school and then get ready for another week...We're going to Assisi on Wednesday for a day trip so that should be fun.  Well off to dinner...Ciao!

Cortona