Paris - Day 8

Paris Travel Blog

Dancin at the Eiffel Tower

Well today was our first full day in Paris and we made the most out of it.  We started the day by getting a tour bus that would take us around the city.  We took it to our first stop - Notre Dame.  The cathedral was beautiful, both in the interior and the exterior.  It was awesome to see all the detail that was put into the construction.  We then took the tour bus past the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower.  The Eiffel Tower was one of the things that I really wanted to see, both during the day and night.  It really hits you how big it is once you are standing right next to or underneath it.  We spent a good part of the day taking pictures and soaking the whole scene in.  Then we headed over to the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory and Venus de Milo among others...It was about 8 pm when we decided to head over to the Arc de Triomphe and climb to the top (!) We ran across a few streets on a roundabout to get there...a little dangerous, but I'm still writing this I guess! After climbing the almost 250 steps, we had an amazing view of the whole city lit up at night.  It was probably one of the breathtaking things I have ever seen.  It was late by the time we finished, so I got a quick dinner at McDonalds (my first fast food yet) and we headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

mattgee says:
Oh lol, we did take the underground passage...I was talking about the streets on the way to the passage we had to run across!
Posted on: Oct 08, 2007
mswim says:
yikes you ran across to get to the Arc de Triomphe? That's insane! There's an underground passage that is tons more safe, you're lucky you were flattened like a pancake!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2007