Back To Reality

Castiglion Fiorentino Travel Blog

Everyone said that three months would go by fast…everyone was right!  As I write this, I’m about 6 hours away from leaving school.  Words cannot describe how weird this all is.  Trying to recap everything is really hard.  I really don’t know how to feel actually…I feel torn down the middle in a way, torn between the excitement of going home and the sadness of leaving.  It truly seems like we were just at Ontario Airport saying, “I can’t believe we’re doing this!” and just like that, we’re done.  I’m not that good at all this reflection type stuff, but I do know for sure that these past three months have been amazing and I’ve enjoyed every minute I’ve spent here.  I’ve learned so much during my time here…about myself, my future, others and of course, a little about landscape architecture!  I told myself that I would make the most of my time here because I’ll never have this opportunity or experience again in my life…I feel like I did make the most of my time and more!  This has been such a life changing that I will cherish and never forget for the rest of my life.

I’ve been able to spend three months with some of the coolest people I’ve ever known.  I’ve appreciated all the times that I’ve been able to spend with everyone, all the talks we’ve had, all the laughs we’ve shared.  I’m going to miss this experience and going to miss everyone so much.  You can’t really describe in words what this experience has been like.  It’s really like a culmination of four years of being together.  We’ve been through so much at school during the past three years…classes, projects, field trips, plant walks, all nighters etc.  It is such a different college experience being in a cohort of people through all your major classes…you really get to know people better.  So here’s my shout out to Adam, Krystie, Shaun, Patty, Camille, Jenn Rivo, Matt R, Lance, Ricardo, Veronica, Kevin, Josh, Lesli…you guys are really some of the best friends I’ve ever had.  I’m never going to forget all the times we’ve had and all the memories that we’ll have for a lifetime.  You guys are real, true friends and I'm so glad that we got to share this experience together.  I know that we only have a few more months together at school, but I know that we will make the most of our short time left.  Wow, time really just flies by, doesn’t it?  Pretty soon, we’ll all be off working out in the “real world” as adults.  Back to reality, I guess.  Well, enough of the doomsday talk.  Thanks to everyone for the memories…thanks to everyone for your support and prayers while I was gone.  I can’t describe how much I appreciate all my family and friends that I have.  I feel truly blessed that I’ve been able to have this experience and I can’t wait to share it with you all.

Ciao for the last time,