Excited, but a little nervous

Charles Town Travel Blog

It's been about 4 days since I suggested biking Europe w/ Mike. We both seem 100% into the idea and are ready for the challenge and the adventure! It's been a rough year so far. Despite graduating in May, my life has come to a standstill as I've moved back in with my parents due to the inability to find a decent paying job. I've been working the night shift at a casino in my hometown of Charles Town, WV. This casino happens to be the 3rd largest in the world and my job, along with about 30 others, is to count the money.

This is demoralizing and depressing for several reasons. First of all, it is not AT ALL what I want to do with my life. Second, since i work the night/weekend shift, i never have time nor energy for anything fun. Thus, I haven't reconnected with any of my friends from my hometown. The third reason is that the pay is not good despite being responsible for accurately counting MILLIONS of dollars every night. One handful of that money would make my life infinitely better! Oh well, there's no use complaining, just gotta keep saving so I can get the hell out of that place!

My bff Mike is more successful at this stage in his life. He has been accepted to med school, although he fell behind in his classes this fall and has had to take a semester off. We are both running from the craziness that has been happening lately in the US and are preparing to leave for Europe ASAP despite having limited funds. My student loans are starting to need to be repaid, but I can't let this oppurtunity pass. This trip needs to happen!