Getting Caught Up

United States Travel Blog

Destin, Florida

Illinois -- I've lived here almost all my life, minus a semester of college in Alabama.  And, I AM NOT FROM CHICAGO! I'm from Southern Illinois; I've only been there once in my life.

Missouri -- the first state border I crossed - for a Christmas dinner a week after I was born.  Since then, I've been to St. Louis hundreds of times -- school trips, random trips, and this is the airport I use, as well as Branson a few times, and other places.

Kentucky

Tennessee -- one of my favorite states; I've been all over.  Nashville -- a great city, Knoxville, and Memphis.

Alabama -- I feel like Alabama is my second home.  My grandma was from here, so I've been numerous times for family reunions and gatherings, plus I began my freshman year of college in Birmingham.

Welcome to Mississippi

Iowa -- I've been here four times.  Once for an auction with my family, once to visit a college with a friend, once to visit a college on my own, and last, for a load of farm equipment with my dad.

Indiana

West Virginia (9/96) -- went here to eat at the Paul Bunyon restaurant (since closed) in Hurricane, and New River Gorge Bridge.

Wisconsin (8/97) -- I crossed the border with my family and we ate McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Maryland (04/00)

Virginia (04/00, 08/07) -- typical DC trip: Arlington, Mount Vernon; plus I stayed in Arlington when I was in DC for some job training.

Florida (08/05) -- a brief beach vacation to Destin.

Mississippi (08/05) -- we went out of our way coming home from Destin to go through Mississippi

Arkansas (08/05)

North Carolina (08/06) -- as part of my 'Southern Tour', I visited the grandiose Biltmore Estate, and saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time at Wilmington.

South Carolina (08/06) -- Myrtle Beach was the destination

Georgia (08/06) -- the final state of my 'Southern Tour', spent the day in Savannah, and fell in love with city, oozing with Southern charm and history.

iramalama says:
I agree...I might borrow your idea and make a US non-city blog!
Posted on: Jan 22, 2010
williamsworld says:
what a cool idea. Liked this
Posted on: Jan 15, 2010