United Airlines flight to Chicago O'Hare

Sacramento Travel Blog

I decided that I would fly United Airlines to Chicago O'Hare to catch my flight on SAS to Stockholm.  I travel on a space available basis and the flights going to Chicago from United's San Francisco hub were booked quite full.  I spent the night at my friend's place in Elk Grove and he gave me a ride to the Sacramento airport the next morning.  I was cleared for the flight and got a great seat in United's Economy Extra in the emergency exit row with the seat next to me.  There was a very brief delay waiting to get our 757-200 deiced as it was a very frosty morning and a 6:20 AM departure time. I was treated like a VIP from the United crew who offered to take my jacket and hang it in the first class cabin.  My seat was the first row behind first class so I got to see all the happenings up front!  I remember watching Four Christmases on the flight which was an enjoyable enough movie to pass the time.  I also read through my lonely planet guide to Sweden to prepare myself for the trip.  When I told the crew I was affiliated with Southwest Airlines they offered me as many drinks as I wanted and were more than pleasant in their approach.  One of the female flight attendants told me she was from Sweden and she had amy tips to offer me when I told her I was on my way to Stockholm.
Africancrab says:
For 7 years I was a Marketing and Sales Manager to two companies (a Travel Company and a Hotels Holding corp), the next 5 years I run my own Travel Company as a Travel Consultant selling Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. I gave it up in 2004 when I relocated to the US.
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010
fearlessflyer82 says:
Yes it's wonderful Harriett! What did you do in the travel industry?
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010
Africancrab says:
Don't you just love working for the airlines? It is only now that I regret leaving the Travel Industry, only because I have so much to see and I have more flexible hours.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010