Tiger Temple, Kwai and waterfalls

Kanchanaburi Travel Blog

tiger temple

Kanchanaburi is a wonderful place as you can visit Tiger Temple, The River Kwai Bridge and also a wonderful series of waterfalls and temples nearby.

I first took a cycle with some Canadians I met and we ventured forth up north to see a cave where monks lived, there were little kids who guided us through and very playful. At one point one of the kids started breaking sticks over his head like he was training to be a martial artist.

Tiger Temple was great, I loved getting so many alluring photos they just look cute and cuddly to me. I missed out on training them in the morning it was about 2000baht but I could not afford it. Jolly frog hostel run a 300baht return here.

I took a cheap tour which went to these divine waterfalls, a series which divided into ponds, the lower bottom having a massive pond where many fish lived and people swum. The second stop was The River Kwai Bridge which had nice train ride, I again bumped into the hot guide at Hells Pass and she offered to let me do another tour to an extra part and again ride the train for free and saved me getting a bus back to hostel.  I don’t know why Thai people want to help me so badly :) I actually bumped into her a third time at the market in Kanchanaburi must be fate.

To the monk cave
outside cave
outside cave
Kanchanaburi Hostels review
Jolly Frog on river Kanchanaburi, cheap tours and food
This is a hostel which is cheapest one I been too, about 70baht a room, shared bathroom. They have a cheap place to eat there, friendly staff, cheap t… read entire review
Kanchanaburi