AsiaThailandPai

Motorbike to see elephants and waterfalls

Pai Travel Blog

Canadians and waterfall

I joined some French people for dinner and also talked to some girls from the UK next to our table. There was a really nice little band playing some music. The band came up to invite us to their bar they own down the road. We went and it was cool little bar. We had a fire and more tourists can as the night went by.

Everyone started to play some instruments I had a go at the didgeridoo even though I suck at all instruments but being the only Aussie. The guys there got some buckets and filled it with the special brew of Thailand, red bull, vodka, Bacardi and white rum I think. We ended up having 2 buckets each at no cost.

Next day I got a motorbike not knowing how to ride, the guy who rented it told my how to ride and I was off, filled it with petrol actually first time I filled petrol too was so scary! Then I went around and visited all the waterfalls, elephant camps and canyons.

Bungalows and river Pai
It is one of most amazing things I have ever done. The last waterfall was the best and I met some nice Canadians there. You can ride on the elephants if you would like there is also places where they wash the elephants in the river and is nice to watch. The roads are very spacy and perfect for a first timer like me, the villages give a great feel to ride through as well.

If you ever vist Thailand I highly recommend visiting Pai it is one of the most beautiful natural environments in the world. The motorbike you can get for 200baht and take it around to see everywhere. To get here all you have to do is take a bus from Chang Mai, the bus ride is comfortable and you will see many nice places on the way. Have a swim in the river do find the place I stayed just keep going down road and at corner you will see the river. The many temples nearby are free and the monks who stay there are friendly.

Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this adventure featured! Way to go!
Posted on: Dec 24, 2009