To Phuket, Phi Phi, Krabi and back

Phuket Travel Blog

Diago from Argentina

I was greeted with a warm... "Do you like LADY BOYS!!!" just thinking bloody hell I said to the guy "no but I know you do, I bet you like the man part" and he said "of course". So maybe my comeback was only gesture instead. I started to wait for others to fill up my minivan and I said to a guy, where is the best beach and he goes well if you want to party go to Patong, I actually live there too but am from Argentina.  We started to have a quick chat which continued in the van. When we got out he goes follow me and we started walking up near houses and we ended up inside his, he got us a drink and said well how about I take you on my motorbike and show you around town and find you a good place to stay.

Tattoo lady
I was like you really do this for me!!! :) Never had anyone go out of their way to help me before and I never been on a motorbike before but I went on heaps in Thailand later. He was a very good tour guide and pointed out everything just like a map, but being my first time on motorbike I couldn't stop holding onto him which must of seemed weird for him but funny. Anyway by the time we wrapped around town we saw an apartment across from his, the area is so peaceful and right on beach so we went in and he talked to lady, I ended up getting a room for $10US and then we parted ways.

So being about 8pm I started to watch Pirates of the Caribbean... Well maybe go party instead so wondered down street.

Tiger Tattoo
I saw a lady with tattoo stand and ended up getting a fake tiger for discount, only 150baht. I found the Banana Disco where I partied, found a nice Thai girl who was with another 5 Thai Girls (great thing about Patong is always plenty of girls but watch for Lady boys :P), I ended up jumping in their car and playing pool with them until 5am in the morning was so fun, surprise to meet some nice girls that don't jip you in Patong.

The next day I just chilled on beach all day was great. The following morning I headed to Koh Phi Phi, I was so eager to see the boxing ring in the reggae bar, I don't know why I felt like I needed to punch something.

Aussies with beer
 4 other Australians started to get me loaded full of beer for free on the boat there and I hanged out with them for bit at night. I met a Kiwi and American girl; I asked the American girl if she wanted to share a room as it is more expensive on the island so she agreed. When entering the room we found a cat inside and we called it Tombee, he came in and out of our room but we didn't mind. We started to get totally wasted and at lunch and drinking all day we went to the reggae bar at 9pmish. There was a couple of guys fighting in the ring, it was like two friends having a slap fight and I felt somewhat disappointed with my expectations. I came to the conclusion I could wait to see someone easy to fight, but as I said being eager I said to the ref I will fight next. I put the boxers, gloves and the ref tied my helmet on. I walked around the ring throwing a few mid air punches to get me warmed up, I felt so good :) No one wanted to fight, 2 minutes past and this big Spanish guy came up as his friends pushed him in the back, saying come on his only small and you box regular, great fighting someone with experience while drunk as.
American chick, she from NY
 I was wishing I had a camera and asked the American girl to film it and take photos but she said No I hate violence and left.

We boxed hands and the fight started. Running in I started with a right straight blow to the guys nose, blood splattered on the ground but I kept throwing punches to the guys head not worrying about blocking, I pinned him back in his corner and was pulled off by the ref, and there was a short break while the guy cleaned up his nose but wanted to continue. Same strat I charged in again and didn't even get hit that round. Eye of the tiger started playing and the break started, I was exhausted, the kiwi said you got to move around this time as you are going to tire yourself out, I agreed and the next round I moved around and only made a few attempts with kicks and punches.

Tombee
The Spaniard seemed fully healed and was able to fight better this round, he got one really got hit on my head which spun my helmet around. I jumped on the ground not being able to see and could hear the ref counting, thinking what the... I got to fix this trying to spin it back around, I think this lost me some points. I was then picked up by the Spaniard and tossed in mid air so I grabbed onto him to take him down with me being able to advert the fall onto him, it was a loud crash and a big blood mark covered the landing zone. The ref checked me for blood thinking I got smashed but turned out to be the Spaniard’s blood again, this time he sliced his back I do not know how. I think he did have the best this round by the refs point of view but I was going to give it my all 3rd round thinking of knock out like rocky balboa. I felt reenergised and did a bit of between tactics to round 1 and 2, I could feel the round ending and charged in for one last attack, the Spaniard curled like a ball, and I grabbed him in headlock (sure this is illegal) and used a fury of right uppercuts, this fight just about went from Mai Thai to street brawl.
Feeding monkey pinapple
The fight was over and the ref came between to see who had won.... Draw... the crowd booed I am unsure to as why though and I feel comfortable not losing but my NZ friend said best fight of all night and I was sure you had it though. The Spaniard came over and gave me a drink, congratulating me on my efforts; he was surprised to find it was my first time in a ring. On home I went after being so exhausted and passed out next to the American girl whether it be from the match or just all the beer I had all day.

Well me and the NZ went on a cruise to see monkey Island, the beach and eat dinner. It was really fun all way around. We snorkelled and kayaked at a few of the drops. The monkeys did bite one girl on the cruise. The beach was somewhat not what I imagined but still had a beauty in its mist.

Underwater cam Thailand
The evening the sky lit up with thunder clouds and a pinkie glow from the sunset completing the day. I can't believe this only cost 400baht.

When coming back I realised I lost my wallet thinking some stole it and blaming the Kiwi but feeling bad when i Checked my photos and saw I didn't take it out of my boardies and must of fell in the ocean. I didn't know what to do and the Kiwi, American girl and other Aussies gave me some money which I ended up spending on beer that night while watching fire dancing at the hippy bar. I manage to ring home for free from the net cafe and my mom send money to Phuket, ah god stranded on an island.

The next day I went to the ferry, I had not one coin on me and said i need a ticket to Phuket but lost my wallet.

Underwater cam Thailand
The main just hands me a ticket I thought he didn't speak English but he goes no free. Couldn't believe this not again will I get a free ferry. I waited for the boat to show. A Thai man walks other from the restaurant and says you look very hungry come eat for free. I explained him my situation and he also gave me some money for a taxi, I tried not to take it but he wouldn't take my refusal and also gave me a soft drink and then some ice cream. I arrived in Phuket and used the guys money to get a taxi to Phuket town, they asked for too much but I just payed 100baht encase I needed the rest. I got the bank and yay money :) the bank girl was really nice and looking a bit frightened I thought what was wrong. She then said it is late and you need place to stay, come to mine. So I jumped on her motorbike as bank was closing and we set up at her house. She ended up taking me out to eat at a carnival in the town and also on top of the mountain where you can see all of the island, it was amazing time.
Underwater cam Thailand
She took me to bus station and set my bus up to Krabi as I had a plane to catch here and lost time from the mishap.

In Krabi I met the Kiwi and American girl they were relieved I was safe after thinking I had died. Krabi was just a chill out for me as I went to airport early in morning to head to Chang Mai. The experience of these events left me to believe that the country of Thailand always does have a smile, and those people will always help a solo traveller when in need.

desertjump says:
I saw this posted by another guy in a forum and that was posted a year earlier than this one.what a ripoff
Posted on: Jun 13, 2015
holdmyhandsforever says:
Thanks for sharing! This is very helpful on my next trip! So, you like lady boys? lol. (just kidding) :)
Posted on: Jun 08, 2015
Shanesin says:
Wicked story man! Keep it up! I hope i can have an experience like that! whoohoo!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2011
Front for the cool
Front for the cool
Some girl asks for photo :)
Some girl asks for photo :)
Aussies