Münster christmas market

Münster Travel Blog

I always wanted to visit the christmas market in Münster but for some reasons it never worked until this year. I took one day off work and we started early by train because it was the easiest and cheapest way to go there.

Our train left Papenburg station at 9.16 a. m. and after a 1.45 hour drive we arrived at Münster main station. I printed out a city map so we knew where we would find every of the 5 christmas markets. At first we went to the oldest and biggest market along the cathedral and city hall. For me it was the most lovely one.

After strolling around for several hours and spending lots of money for presents, Feuerzangenbowle (hot spriced red wine + rum) and food we drove home again.

aloneinthecrowd says:
Brian, at the weekends the Christmas market is crowded therefore we went on a weekday which was lovely. We had enough space to admire all the handcraft which was displayed to buy.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2013
spocklogic says:
I visited this one in 2010 - they are sort of scattered about, and not so crowded either.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2013
aloneinthecrowd says:
I'm glad you enjoyed this entry. I love christmas markets and can't get enough of them. Last Saturday we went to another bigger one in the city of Osnabrück but unfortunately the weather was very bad and I couldn't take any photos :( Maybe next year.
Posted on: Dec 09, 2013
The candle arch found its way to o…
The candle arch found its way to …
photo by: aloneinthecrowd