Day One

Singapore Travel Blog

Well, it’s been 3 months since I did my first adventure as a backpacker. Singapore and Kuala Lumpur were my destination because they’re not really far from my hometown, Jakarta.

The plane tookoff from Soekarno – Hatta airport around 14.15 and landed at Changi airport at 16.25, 30 minutes earlier than the schedule.

For Indonesians, just don’t forget to bring copies of your KTP, NPWP and also your passport (page 1, 2 and 48). You should bring your NPWP card to avoid paying fiscal fee Rp 2.500.00,00.

I couldn’d resist to update my status on Facebook when seeing there was free internet service inside the airport : ‘Rosa has just arrived safely at Changi airport’, hahaha...

After asking direction from several people, I finally found that the nearest MRT station which was in the Terminal 3.

At first, I didn’t have any idea about the exact location of my cousin’s place which is in Bukit Batok West Avenue. Fortunately, a nice Indian woman around my age told me to change the train line when I arrived at Jurong East station.

The first line I took was the green line which route is from Changi airport to Joo Koon and the second line - which is red – is from Jurong East to Marina Bay.

It was such a very long trip. I spent S$ 1,98 for that. Too bad, the credit in the EZ Link card that my other cousin gave me in Jakarta, was only left S$ 1 so I reloaded the card for S$ 10.

It had been dark when I finally arrived at Bukit Batok Station. I was exhausted and starving so I decided to have dinner at the nearest Kopitiam (Singaporean foodcourt). My menu was a portion of rice, pork meatball, chilli eggplant and broccoli with mushroom. IT WAS COLD, YUCK!!!