The Next Leg

Malaga Travel Blog

Arrivals Malaga Airport

Touched down in Malaga Airport at 11-50.Getting to Malaga was a start,now I just had to find my way to Sevilla. Had flown into Malaga before many,many years ago and remembered there being a train station in front of the airport. Didn't remember cutting through the multistory car park,going up two floors and crossing the footbridge though :-D.

There were automatic ticket machines at the enterance, and looking at the map a section of the line was closed off so there was only one choice of destination into Malaga. Cost €1-40  for a single ticket and the train soon arrived coming from Fuengirola. It was only three stops and took just 10 minutes to get to the Maria Zambrano Station, which as luck would have it was the main station.

Malaga Airport Station

Went into the ticket office and had no problem getting a ticket for the next train out to Sevilla which was at 14-05 and got a ticket to return on Friday, which was €32-70 for a return. The station turned out to be a shopping mall as well and there were cafes, shops and even a cinema in it. Had an hour and a half to kill so went upstairs and found a cafe and ordered a beer and some tapas, patatas bravas, which was nothing like the one I had in Madrid during the summer. This was more like chips covered in a spicy mustard, but it was tasty enough.

There were a few other Bears that were off the same flight kicking about the station and one had located an off sales and directed me to it so I could get a few beers for the train ride up to Sevilla, as it would be a 2h 40m journey. With that sourced headed for the platform and had to put bags through a scanner before getting onto the platform. Train was sitting at the platform, but had to wait for the guard to come along before we were allowed to board, but we departed right on time.

First part of the journey was interesting as we headed up into and through the hills, though for much of it was going through tunnels. Then it was out across the plains and then into a vast area of endless orange groves. Soon though I nodded off and was woken by one of the other guys from Glasgow as we reached Sevilla Santa Justa Station just before 5pm.

Africancrab says:
I miss Europe sometimes, reading this brings back the nostalgic memories
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
Koralifix says:
Congrats on today's feature! Absolutely well done!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2009
Vikram says:
I love that about European stations actually..how they're malls, cinema, everything rolled iinto one. It's like "oh, by the bye, we also have train service"!!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2009