Lost And Found

Sevilla Travel Blog

Train Station

Had managed to print off a map from Google maps and headed down the Avenida Kansas City, later found out Sevilla is twinned with it, and found the Avenida De Eduardo Dato, which looked as if it would take me more or less straight to my hotel. That may well have worked perfectly if I had turned the right way.

Alost immediately I stumbled across the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan, home of Sevilla Futball Club, and where I would be going on Wednesday night. Quite happy at that stroke of luck I blundered on unaware I was going in totally the wrong direction and came to the Gran Plaza. I was happily taking pictures still and finding it all quite interesting, but had decided I didn't have a scooby where I was going and may be better jumping on the metro here.

El Corte Ingles
I had another map showing how to get to the hotel, but this lacked the name of the nearest metro station. How ever it did look near the river and I got the metro to where I thought it shoud be, San Juan Bajo and coming out of the station found myself just on the right side of the river.

Set off up the way in what looked a likely direction as there was a wall and monument, which as it was dark now was all lit up. Found my way through a few streets and into a square and still couldn't find it on my map. I would by now have completely given up and just got a taxi, but there were none to be had around here, so, despite the cost, I logged on to the internet with my phone to search for my location. No great success with that as it gave various locations across Spain, so I decided I'd gone to far and retraced my steps back to the metro station and got the train a few stops back up the line to Puerta Jerez, as this had seemed the busiest station for folk getting on and off.

Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium

Bullseye :-D . Walked along and soon saw the cathedral and tower all lit up, and knew I had to find my way into the Barrio Sata Cruz and had just to follow the outside wall to find the street where the hotel was. I knew it was kind of the old town, but was still surprised at just how narrow the streets were. Found the hotel easily enough and checked in quickly and went up to my room. It was a small room with just a bed and a desk,with a TV  on it, and had a bathroom just off it. Knew it would be basic when I booked it, but was a much cheaper deal than a lot of the others, and mostly for me I had gone for the location.

Relieved, after my significant detour, to get the weight of my back pack off and lay on the bed for a bit. Decided to go out for a bit, but it had already been a long day and went just as far as the cathedral, before heading back and going to a pub beside the hotel, Las Teresas, for a couple of beers before calling it a night, as I wanted to be good to go from the off next day.

lokababy says:
The metro is totally new, so probably it will be printed in the maps in any point at the future :P
Posted on: Dec 17, 2009
huibdos says:
This is not the one ring!!

^>^
Posted on: Dec 14, 2009
Dr_Seuss says:
I'm still not sure Huib whither I found the hotel or it found me with some weird magnetic drawing power as by then I was really just guessing on the metro :-D
Posted on: Dec 14, 2009
Cafe-Bar Las Teresas
Cafe-Bar Las Teresas
Sevilla Hotels & Accommodations review
Location, Location, Location
Booked it primarily for it's location in the heart of Sevilla. Did research it first, as it seemed a bit to good to be true,as it had so many great re… read entire review
Sevilla