Leaving Sevilla :-(

Malaga Travel Blog

BK in Sevilla

So it was time to start making my way home. Had managed to pack most of my stuff the night before, though not quite as  neatly as for the outward journey ;-). Woke in plenty of time to check out a reasonable time, and headed down towards the cathedral, only to find my way blocked by stewards and barriers as the cathedral,and the area around it, was once again closed for some ceremony.

Easy enough for me to cut back through the Barrio Santa Cruz and out into the Jardines De Murillo. As I was walking down the path I got stopped by a policeman on a scooter, who was soon joined by another colleague. Luckily enough I had my passport on me, as I was leaving, but still got searched and questioned for a good while, even though I had managed to explain to them I was starting to make my way home that day.

A very nutrional Cheeseburger and chips
Wanted to know how long I had been in Spain, who I was with, where I had been and, by acting out putting on handcuffs, if I had ever been arrested. He seemed quite surprised when I said 'No' to the last one :-D

Finally after making all the notes in their pads, they let me get on my way.Just as well it was today, as like most folk I would normally leave my passport locked in the hotel and not carry it about the streets with me. Wandered along the Avenida De La Constitucion for a bit before decideing I would be as well heading up to the station, which took about half an hour. I was there in plenty of time,as my train wasn't until 1pm, so I decided to go into the Burger King there and grab something to eat,since I didn't know when I would get to eat later.

Sevilla Santa Justa Station

Hung about the station until the board showed which platform the train to Malaga would depart from, and headed straight down and onto the train as soon as it had pulled into the platform. Was pretty dull, no very dull, and uneventful journey and I arrived in Malaga  exactly on time at 15:39. Bought a ticket for the local train back out to the aiport as I was staying in a hotel here for the night. Even came up with a few plans for what to do later on, but when I got to the airposrt there was no sign of a hotel in the area the rough map from their website had indicated, and I went into the airport and asked at the information desk. Turned out the hotel was back in Malaga, and I had to get a taxi.

Concourse of Sevilla Santa Justa Station

Turned out to be a fair distance away, but not the €15 worth the taxi cost. Seems they have a minimum fare for pick ups from the airport, but at least I knew I had a bed for the night. Turned out the hotel, the Novotel, was quite smart, and the room I got was brilliant  but there was nothing in the area round it.

It was dark by the time I was heading out, not wanting to hang about in the room and bar all night, and there looked like a retail park over the road. Problem here was that NO sets of lights around here had any pedestrian crossing, you just had to go for it, though it was nowhere near as mental as Marrakkech :-D, you could work out a kind of sequence and cross the main road in two stages. Picked up a roadsign for the city centre and walked down a rather long but indistinct road for a good while.

La Estacion De La Ilusion
I'm OK with doing things like that as I always work it  to try and pick a few markers for finding my way back, and so long as I'm confident of that I'll press on. Worst case anyway would be having to get a taxi back to the hotel.

Found myself on another main dual carriageway  and headed, like a moth, towards the lights and soon found a path down to the beach. It was pitch black, but I went down and walked along it for a while until I came to a big chimney that was all lit up. Know idea what it was about as there was nothing about to indicate it's purpose. Carried on along the coatal path past a few nice restaurants, but town centre still seemed a long way off and I decided to about turn and head back to the hotel.

Had clocked a supermarket on the way down and popped in on my way past.

R598-13904 to Malaga
I had a kettle and tea bags in my room, but I like 'real' milk so I went in and bought some, and grabbed  a few cans of beer in case the bar in the hotel was extortionate, and picked up a bag of croissants. Got back to the hotel about 40 minutes after I had turned back, and went straight up to my room and made myself probably four cups of tea, and ate a few croissants before going down to the bar.

Bought a large beer and it was €5, so not totally out of order in the circumstances, and headed over to the free 'Web Corner' that the hotel had and first thing I did was logged onto TB :-D . There were what seemed a few office parties gathering in the reception area, so it seemed quite a popular venue, and although the restaurant was empty,and it looked quite nice, both parties seemed to have seperate side rooms for their entertainment.

Had another couple of beers and then went up to my room and sank a few cans before heading off to sleep

lokababy says:
1. You were... stopped by the police? o.O How is that? If a police stop me with no reasons here, I would be very unpolite.

2. BK? XD

3. Yeeees, special fare from or to the airport :S

^^
Posted on: Jan 05, 2010
BK in Sevilla
A very nutrional Cheeseburger and …
A very nutrional Cheeseburger and…
Sevilla Santa Justa Station
Concourse of Sevilla Santa Justa S…
Concourse of Sevilla Santa Justa …
Towards Malaga town centre
Gutierrez Restaurant
Gutierrez Restaurant
Misericordia carved in stone
Misericordia carved in stone
Done Walking ( for now ;-) )
Done Walking ( for now ;-) )
Malaga