The Great Affair is to Move...

World Travel Blog

I am addicted to traveling.  It is my absolute passion; I can't get enough.  I want to experience different cultures, learn new things and see the world, as much of it I can.  I am constantly planning, researching and dreaming of new places to go, whether here in the states or abroad; down the street or around the globe.  I have been very fortunate for only 27 years old to have been to twelve countries on four continents and 23 states.  (It was funny, up until just a couple years ago, I had been to nearly as many countries as states; eight as compared to eleven).

I have a few theories as to why I enjoy traveling so much, because I am such an anomaly -- I come from a small-town in Southern Illinois, where many people barely leave the county, much less the state or even the country.

First of all, my dad is a truckdriver.  He owns his own company, so I grew up in the truck, and I wouldn't of had it any other way.  I LOVE going in the truck.  And because of this, road trips are so much fun.  I can drive for hours and never think twice about it.  And, I was raised where 'are we there yet?' was banned from our car.  That was a sure-fire way to aggravate my dad.  But, I learned to enjoy the ride.  It's not just the destination -- it's the getting there, too.

My second theory is that my mom (and dad) traveled to Taiwan (and Hawaii and Hong Kong) while my mom was unknowingly expecting me.  They went for a couple weeks to visit my dad's sister and husband who were living in Taiwan at the time.   My mom thought she was getting sick from the turtle soup -- nope, it was me!  I always say that was my first trip; I just don't remember it.  (I have fortunately been to Hong Kong to visit my aunt while they were living there a few years ago, and I was able to go to Hawaii to visit a friend.  I had to have a picture taken on Waikiki Beach, just like my parents.)

No matter where I got my intense desire to travel, I am grateful.  I've had so many incredible experiences and look forward to many more!

aotw says:
I like the way you wrote this blog, I heave some common things with you ;)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2009
sylviandavid says:
nice blog..... Good for you for traveling so much! sylvia
Posted on: Dec 12, 2009