Memoirs of a random Traveler-Malaysia

Malaysia Travel Blog

Part 3. Malaysia

Early wakeup call again, 8am flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Very excited to see the Petronas Twin Towers which have been on top of my “Must see” list. Took Air Asia again (59 bucks) and it was about 2 hour flight with one hour time difference. Airport here is amazing..actually most of the airports in the big cities of Asia are brand new and very tech/modern. Great Architecture !
First thing I notice is the language and alphabet. For some reason I thought it would be somewhat similar to Thai..but it’s nothing like it. It’s western and more like Spanish than Thai I take a shuttle bus from the airport (only 6MR which is 3 bucks) to KL Central where I had a room booked at the Le Meridien, only 200MR per night.
.not bad. Right in the center of KL..Although Later I found out there was a nicer/better located hotel right overlooking the towers, called Traders Hotel..Next door to the Oriental.
KL Central is about 3-4 metro stations away from the Towers. But if you get a room high enough you get a full view of the Patronas and the entire city…Anyway..Kuala Lumpur compared to Bangkok is like Beverly Hills compared to uhmmm South Gate! Amazingly clean, great roads and transport infrastructure, modern. I like it much better than Bangkok. It’s a very nice mix of modern, traditional and Muslim Masque’s architecture. Saturday I went over to the Towers, trying to get into the observation deck..nobody told me however, I needed to be there very early in the morning to reserve my ticket…when I got there all were sold out and was told to come back the next day…Yeah, Next day I was flying out to Bali! Shit! Oh well….took some pictures outside and met some great Malays (Malaysian people) They are so friendly they even tried to invite me to dinner. I almost took them up on that offer but I still had KL Tower on my list to see and did not want to miss on that. Got back to the room late and passed out without even taking my clothes off…10am flight to Indonesia!
It was the quickest two days in my life..but loved it here and I am sure I’ll come back again! And hopefully bring someone to do some damage at one or more of the 66 huge shopping malls they have in KL.
Off to Bali!