A Swedish lunch and a spot of shopping.

Annapolis Travel Blog

Well, today Mark had to go the Williamsburg so Lena had arranged a meet up with a couple of her friends who are also Swedish. We had a leisurely morning and left the house just after 10 am. It had been forecast snow today but right now it was just raining. A lot! Karin and Jenny weren't meeting us until 11 so we used this time to do a bit of shopping. I wanted to get some tacky souvenirs and Lena was on the look out for Christmas presents. I bought myself a mug and a couple of fridge magnets. We went to Middletons Tavern a little early to save us getting more wet and waited for the girls to show up. We didn't have to wait very long and soon we were tucking into some lovely food. I found it quite amusing that I was in the US and sat round a table speaking Swedish. I don't speak it very often so it took me a while to tune in.

After lunch Jenny had to disappear so me, Lena and Karin went for a coffee and some more chat. Karin then had to get back to her baby sitter so we said our goodbyes and then drove to the mall for some proper shopping. By now it had started snowing and it was so very cold. Mark had returned from Williamsburg and said that he'd meet us at the mall.

After we'd all got what we were after we went home for a spot of relaxing before dinner. Swedish meat balls tonight washed down with a glass of duty free champagne.
A toast to friends!
A toast to friends!
Shopping is hard work you know.
Shopping is hard work you know.
Annapolis