Visit on Castle Hohenzollern with Royalty and Pen Pal

Hechingen Travel Blog

Was able to meet my pen pal today whom works on Castle Hohenzollern in the Princess Kira of Prussia Foundation. Was able to be here with special permission by Princess Kira of Prussia (1943-2004). I even was able to help my pen pal in the kitchen cooking for the children that was going to show up. A Woman whom I did not know who it was came into the kitchen and said "Ah da ist unser koch" in english oh there is our cook, it turned out to be Herzogin Marie Cecile von Preussen or in English Duchess Marie Cecile of Prussia. Then I went with my pen pal to the next room and gave my hand to Princess Kira of Prussia and told her while bowed "Hallo Ihre K├Ânigliche Hoheit" or in English Hello Your Royal Highness. I talked with them and then helped the Duchess take her belongings to her vehicle and then ate with the Princess in the Dining Room. As I carried in a platter of various cuts of meats and cheeses I carried it over my head with one hand as Princess Kira was standing there, when she saw this she said "Ah da ist unser kellner" or in English oh there is our butler.

I'll never forget the wonderful time I had on Castle Hohenzollern and the Chance to meet Princess Kira of Prussia whom I hope is at Peace now and also hope that Duchess Marie Cecile is doing ok.

photo by: brandonchen