Transit

Shanghai Travel Blog

Finally, I started writing on my latest trip to China.  I went on a tour with my mother. We had initially wanted to go to Harbin, but unfortunately, the schedule cant match.  In the end, we opt for Zhang Jia Jie.

The first day was basically wasted in transit.  We went to Shanghai and had to wait for about 3 hours before we can take the domestic flight to Zhang Jia Jie.  The thing about this trip is that I wanted to avoid flying with China Eastern Airlines, for some personal reason, but after flying to Shanghai, my opinions about that airline changed.

My first encounter with China Eastern airline was more than 10 years ago. Back then, I was also on a trip to Yunnan, LiJiang, Dali and Guizhou.  These areas were not well-developed at that time.  I still recall taking domestic flights once every two days.  It wasnt a very nice encounter for me.  Food was bad, service was so-so, etc. But this trip has shown my how the airline has changed for the better.  In addition to its affordable pricing, I can foresee myself taking China Eastern the next time I go to China.

Anyway, we shared the domestic flight with a group of Koreans, there were like about 20 people on the plane.  Zhang Jia Jie is actually a well-known tourist area among the Koreans.  No wonder the PA was done in Korean too.  When we arrived at the small airport, it's already 11pm.  Our tour guide took us to our hotel and we just rest and prepare ourselves for the next day's activities, which is the toughest in our whole itinerary.

Shanghai