Two weeks together

A Coruna Travel Blog

We´re now in a habour in the north west tip of Spain at a city called la Coruña. It´s crazy that we´ve already been together with the group for two weeks. We stopped at an island called helgoland for one night and one night at Den Haag in the netherlands. It´s amazing how fast the body gets adjusted to the sea, most people were sea sick for a few days in the beginning, I only gave my food back to the sea twice and kira not at all, but there were some students that had it really rough for a while.
Soon the lessons will start and I´m going to be reading some short stories about cross cultural encounters with the kids. Funny that i´m going to be a teacher. It´s a pretty sweet deal I must say.
The water is beautiful, we´ve seen dolphins, pig whales, jelly fish, and glowing jelly fish at night. Amazing.
The rhythm of the watch is pretty crazy. One day we spend the day doing kitchen and cleaning work, then the next three days there´s a rotating watch system where we get irregular sleep and get out there making sure the ship doesn´t sail into anything.
maplefanta says:
Roster Watch, that sounds pretty known to me! So soon in the big pond we won't hear from you? Enjoy!
Posted on: Nov 09, 2007