doggonit tour

Montenegro Travel Blog

Montenegro
I road down the winding mountain road, It was very dark, and I was cold. Trying to find a place to stay seemed impossible. Some time later I came across a village, maybe Ill find some lodgings here. I stopped by the roadside to gather my thoughts. Suddenly I was being approached by a giant of a man, he must have been least 7 feet tall. He spoke to me in broken English, with a Russian accent, a bit like one of those old Dracula movies, you watched as a kid. He was friendly and very interested where I was from, we had a chat and I asked him if there was a hotel nearby. Well with that his eyes lit up, Then he told me to follow him.I was a little nervous leaving my bike and stuff to follow a complete stranger. Thats exactly what I did. You have got to have a bit of faith in people despite what your mother tells you.....As it happens the came up trumps, he escorted me to the best hotel That I stayed in on the whole of my tour. It was like an oasis, in a desert.It looked very expensive but I didn't care, I ll put it on the old credit card. I thanked my giant friend, we shook hands and parted company. I slept like a king that night. Got up for breakfast, then had a wonder around. Things look very different when its dark, this was a very beautiful town.Took my bike for a wash, and bought some oranges 12 , well i need the vitamins. Strapped them to my now clean bike and headed off for the coast.