Doggonit Gang Euro Tour

Chisinau Travel Blog

Leaving Romania
Moldova that's where I was going to head for. Why not, another country to cross off my list. Crossed the boarder with not too much trouble. and rode towards the capital, Chisinau. The road was well maintained, which surprised me. very quiet hardly any vehicles on the road, a bikers paradise.Arrived a at the capital in good time and pulled over to take a few snaps. Just as I got my camera out , the sound of a siren could be heard. It was heading for me. The police car pulled next to my bike and the officer got out of his car and walked up to me. I could not understand a word he was saying, he looked very annoyed, he began to shout at me, it was some kind of Russian.I can speak a bit of German and a little French, but Russian, no chance. He was not happy at all.
Entering Moldova
From his gestures with his hands, I got the general idea, what he was talking about. Apparently I had parked in a restricted area, in fact it was a government building. I didn't know was my gesture to him.With this he took my documents and got back into his car.Then he called me over and, with his hands he wonted me to get in his car. I was hot tired and hungry . so I was not happy. I made  a big fuss, but eventually I complied to his demands, and got into his shabby police car. What a mess it was stunk of fags, empty coffee cups on the floor. The  car it self was very old the ceiling liner was hanging down, it must of been twenty plus years old. what a wreck.He began to play a game with me. Basically your papers back for money. Well I went nuts I told him keep the papers I don't care. take me to jail if you wont could do with a bed for the night as i had slept rough for two nights on the trot, He didn't know what to do with me . In the end he let me go because I was too much trouble. I got back on my bike and off I went.I got out of the country a quick as I could. Was not in the mood for more aggravation, so off back to Romania.
Clear roads ahead