Back in Hawaii after 23 years

Honolulu Travel Blog

Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean
Hey, this is strange. I just spent the 2nd of February in South Korea. Left in the evening and arrive Honolulu in the morning, still on the 2nd of February. Not bad when you can live the same day twice.

I landed in Honolulu in the morning, but did not get the welcome I had expected. It was raining, like in pouring down! It´s supposed to be sunny in Hawaii. We arrived at something that seemed to be a remote terminal. After waiting 40 minutes for a shuttle bus, the imigaration itself went fast. And THEN, I was met by Aloha_Keith. He was waiting for me with a beautiful lei and took me to my hotel. How generous of him. The welcome to Honolulu was not bad at all!

It kept on raining until way after noon so I went to Ala Moana Mall. Nice place with lots of shops and restaurants. Since I love sushi I just had to have lunch at Genki Sushi.

When it stopped raining I went down to the Ala Moana Beach Park for a walk. My first day in Honolulu ended early as I was till suffering from jetlag (11 hour time difference from Norway).
sarahsan says:
I was glad that I had seen sunny Hawaii before and knew what it could be like!
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010
Approach to Honolulu
Approach to Honolulu
It´s raining
It´s raining
My beautiful lei
My beautiful lei
Honolulu Hotels & Accommodations review
A good option if you´re in Honolulu
Ala Moana Hotel is located across the street from Ala Moana Beach Park and very conveniently between Hawaii Convention Center and the Ala Moana Mall. … read entire review
Honolulu Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Conveyor belt sushi
Genki Sushi has two restaurants in Honolulu. One is located on Kapahulu Ave and the other one in the Ala Moana Shopping Mall. I went to the one at the… read entire review
Honolulu