Snakes, waterfalls and alligators... oh my!

Livingstone Travel Blog

The Zambezi Gorge

Today we traveled the road from Namwianga to Livingstone with Victoria Falls being our destination.

This is our only full day of being tourists while in Zambia. So, let me start with the evening before! After a wonderful "American" dinner with David and Linda, Joe, Judy, Willie and I decided to play Spades before bed. As you can probably tell, this as become our stress relieving method for the trip! Soon, we were joined by Keith and Josh. Josh I can handle, but I was ready for a bit of a break from Keith.

After entertaining ourselves for a couple of hours, Judy and I made our way back to the main house with a large stick and a machete (in case of snakes), in addition to our flashlight.

Morning came early, but was accompinied by pancakes, scrambled eggs and goat jerky (I would recommend not asking). Very tasty, especially after eating rice for 10 days! So, after breakfast, we loaded into the trucks and headed south to Livingstone.

~more to come~

"May the road rise to meet you...."

tinni says:
Hey!! I really liked your blog! Great pictures and text.. I really liked to read it. And I would like to hear more about your time there! You mentioned that you had just one day off in Zambia.. And it was a medical mission- thing, but what where you actually doing? Where were you living? How long you were there?? :) I would like to know some more, so write me if you haven't get bored to answer all these questions. :D
Posted on: Jan 13, 2008