Attending to the "The Killers" concert. Yes, I'm a dancer, but also human. :)

Lima Travel Blog

the entrance
Not sure when I first heard about The Killers' concert. I think it was back in May, pfff, a long time ago. But it wasn't until September when I bought the tickets. What did I wait for so long? Well, my friends here like The Killers, but not that much to get an expensive ticket... and I didn't want to be at the back of the stadium... Come'on, this would be an awesome concert and I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible, hehehe. Nevermind, back to the story, a TB Shawn was coming to Lima and he'd be in town the 19th when The Killers were performing, mmm. So I asked him what he thought about the idea of attending to the concert and he liked it, great! Next thing was buying the tickets, which I did the next morning, hahaha.
getting closer to the stadium

The concert would start at 10pm, but we arrived to the stadium around 7pm. Actually the taxi left us the closest possible, which was like 15 blocks away at a traffic circle. It was ok, we had plenty of time to walk. We had seat numbers, hehehe. There was a large number of people, most of them young, attending to the concert. There were a couple of food stands and we stopped at one. Shawn wanted a taco. What a surprise he was hungry, hahaha. Well, I had a bite and it was good, although it was messy, hehehe, but worth it.

Now we started walking to the stadium. There were people selling T-shirts, pins, CD's, beer and even a handicap who was begging for money but playing "The Killers" songs with his quena (Andean flute). There was a Killers atmosphere. The walk to the stadium wasn't bad at all, which took as longer was to find the right entrance.
look at the "K"
We had to go around the whole stadium, pffff.

There was a lot of security and people helping you finding your seat. There were selling beer inside the stadium, cool! Let's have a drink. People were arriving and the stadium was getting crowded. Next morning I read in the paper that there were over 30,000 people and I was one of them, yeah! At 9pm a Peruvian band went to stage as the openers of the big concert. Well, I have to be honest. I feel sorry for these guys, but I wasn't paying attention to them and think most of the people didn't do it either...  we all were looking forward to see The Killers.

Finally it was 10pm and they showed up. Everybody was screaming and we all became even crazier after listening to Brandon Flowers saying "Hola, nosotros somos The Killers y esta noche somos de ustedes" (Hello, we are The Killers and tonight we are yours).
Don't you wanna feel my bones on your bones?
It was so cool he was speaking in Spanish, even if it was just a small phrase, hahaha.

All started with "Human". Wow! The lights were amazing! Everyone was cheering and singing. Despite of the fact this concert was about "Day & Age", they played "Somebody told me" from Hot Fuss.  Then it was turn for "Losing Touch", etc.  They could play any song and people would keep on screaming and having fun, great!!!

When they played "Bones", the video could be watched as background of the stage. What a cool video for a great song! I don't remember the order of the songs but all of them were incredible. Of course they played their big hit "Mr. Brightside". And people went nuts when they listened to "Read my mind", "Smile Like You Mean It" and "When You Were Young".
awesome!

But they weren't just playing their songs. At some point Brandon surprised all of us singing Elvis' romantic hit:  "I can't help falling in love with you." Of course everybody sang with him. Super!

For a moment, the 4 guys left the stage. People were still calling their names and asking for more songs. So, they decided to come back, but with a surprise: Brandon was holding a Peruvian flag, how cool! The lights got even greater and Dave Keuning's guitar was amazing. After over 1 and 1/2 hours of an amazing show, they left us with the promise of coming back to make us rock again.

The concert ended almost at midnight, but it was around 2:30am by the time I was back home, hahaha. First we stopped to get something to eat and then had to walk a loooooot to get a cab, but the experience was worth it. Now it was time to go to bed, tomorrow I'd have to wake up really early... zzz

yadilitta says:
really? awesome! Yes, I enjoyed the show!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2010
nicolecarp says:
Brandon used to wrk for my Dad here in Las Vegas before they got all popular and all. Glad you enjoyed the show!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2010
yadilitta says:
yes, they are a great band. So good they came to Lima :) your children have a terrific taste!
Posted on: Dec 23, 2009
look at the K
look at the "K"
Dont you wanna feel my bones on y…
Don't you wanna feel my bones on …
huge taco