Last Day in Brussels - Mixed emotions

Brussels Travel Blog

We visited the Coke HQ for Europe earlier in the week.
It always surprises me how fast time flies when I am somewhere I love. Brussels always seems to fly by. This time even more so than last year. This year it was sort of like a homecoming. I have had a wonderful time with my family. There are discussions about having the oldest one come visit me next summer so he can experience the US. I really do hope that happens.

Anyway, we leave tomorrow for Paris. Adam is joining me there and I cannot be happier. I have been a little socially isolated from the group since we are all living in different places. Also- GT would prefer that I not be around them in bar-situations because of liability issues. So it will be nice to have someone I can go out with and not worry about GT policy.

We went to Bruges on Friday. It was still as beautiful as last year. We did another canal tour. It was a nice day trip. I havent taken so many photos this year because I am seeing things and going places I have already gone. So, I haven't felt the need to repeat my photo repretoire.

The weather has been very Belgian. Yesterday, it would rain for 20 minutes, then the sun would come out. An hour later, rain again. This happened three times. This afternoon Thierry and Fabiennes closest friends came over for a Sunday lunch. We were wearing jackets outside at noon because it was so chilly. However, by 1p, we were all burning up. I complain and then I look at Atlanta's weather, where it has been in the low 30s C/low 90s F and I love the fact that it hasnt gotten any hotter than 28 or 29C/ 84F here. This is a major difference from last year where it was blazing hot and dry the entire time.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Train to Paris. Get everyone checked into hotel. Meet Adam at Gare du Nord. See the Champs-Elysees, dinner picnic on the Champs de Mars (weather permitting) evening boat ride down the Seine. A great way to begin Paris.
We visited the Coke HQ for Europe …
We visited the Coke HQ for Europe…
photo by: Vlindeke