Day X in Egypt - Time to leave El Gouna

El Gouna Travel Blog

Early Tuesday morning at the Pool

Ten warm and wonderful days has passed like a F1 on Monza and it was time to leave the pool for a cold Brussels. We had managed to keep the rooms until departure mainly due to Barbara's negotiation skills and charm. This gave us the possibility to enjoy the morning at the pool.

Maybe because we were leaving the sun took cover behind some of the rare clouds in the early morning but after an hour the sun returned with full power. I still have a smile on my lips thinking that this is the Egyptian winter in El Gouna.

Club Med had been a pleasant surprise; not that I didn't expect that it was good but it was more the way I would cope with a stay at a holiday resort. My trips the many last years had all been free moving holiday with almost no ties besides probably a booked hotel room.

I had been pleasantly surprised with the quality of my hotel room and the friendliness of the staff. I had met some great people dedicated to make our stay pleasant and fun;

Francis a university graduate from Alexandria and having only been in Club Med for 2 month; always in a great mood fooling around making everybody laugh and having fun.

Mathieu; who was responsible for the sports and who also been a dedicated Club Med employee for 6 years. Extremely professional and having loads of fun conducting the crazy signs.

Sherif an Egyptian funny man, always with a smile on his face speaking with everybody on one-liners and throwing everything in the air behind his bar.

Diving school in the pool
Leaving the protected area
Leaving the protected area
El Gouna Hotels & Accommodations review
A fabulous stay
I must say that I did not know at all what to expect when I booked my stay in El Gouna at the Club Med. Club Med is a former Belgian now French holida… read entire review
El Gouna