Praia da Rocha
Praia da Rocha Travel Blog› entry 2 of 7 › view all entries
Wat can I say about itâ€¦
First of all itâ€™s only three hours flying from the Netherlands, so youâ€™ll be there before you know it. The people are friendly, the beach is gorgeous and in the summer time the weather is great!
Some Tips & Tricks:
- When you go to Portugal, no matter what city or village, you should eat â€śchicken piripiriâ€ť itâ€™s a tipical Portugees meal and it tastes delicious. Itâ€™s kind of spicy but not to spicy! It has got the right kind of spicy-niss J.
- Go to Lissabon, itâ€™s a beautiful capitol full of old buildings en a lot of shops. So fot the shoppers amongst you, eat jour heart out. And for the ones who love architecture en sight-seeing there is pleanty to see.
- When you go to Lissabon be aware of pickpockets. Even little children wiâ€™ll come to you and ask for your money! So be aware!
- Do rent a car, donâ€™t park to little cars in one spot. They will tow your car away and youâ€™ll have to pay a fine. And just because youre a tourist it wiâ€™ll cost you about â‚¬60.- on top of your fine!
- So when you have rented a car, just drive around the beautiful nature, go and have a drink with a local litlle cafĂ©, Coke costs only â‚¬0,50.- very cheap!
- Beach beds arenâ€™t very cheap. The cheaper thing to do is to buy a big beach towel and a parasol. This way itâ€™s much cheaper and youâ€™re still on the beach.
- The thing to do is go to the moest South-West of Portugal. People just to think that, that was the and of the earth! (back in the day when people believed the earth was flatâ€¦) Itâ€™s beautiful out there, and you can eat a German sausage, and you will get a certificate of that memorable moment. Isâ€™nt that hilarious!