A little reflection...

Moshi Travel Blog

I hate that I don't write in this thing more often, and I wish that rather than dwelling on that fact every time I do actually write, I could just enjoy the actual act of writing. I'm feeling very emotional right now, and I don't know why. I think it has something to do with a bit of homesickness. Not so much that I want to be at home, because I still can't believe that I am here experiencing all of this, and I am loving every single second of it... but its hard to think about how life is just going on without me at home while I am thousands of miles away in a different world. What will have changed when I get back? Not just with all the people there, but with me as well? I don't know. I already feel like a different person in a lot of ways. I don't think I can ever look at the world the same. So cliche, but seriously. I have spent the last few weeks knowing and loving these kids who have no home, no money, who have watched their parents die, who are dying themselves... constantly wondering what the future really holds for them and exhausting myself over what can be done to make them hurt a little less, all the while being amazed at how they still find reason to be joyful and smile... its impossible to know these kids and then just forget about it. How am I going to keep doing something for them when I get home? I think what is troubling me even more than the fact that I feel all this now is that maybe I will forget when I get back home into the swing of things there... and that would be awful.

Alright, thats enough to think about for one night.

14,682 km (9,123 miles) traveled