VIVE LA FRANCE...and the pretty girls who live there

Koh Lanta Travel Blog

Just on the beach after a quick swim

I woke up today to the wonderful natural sounds of my blackberry ringing.  Oh the good times.  It was my dad and he was worried about where I was.  I love it.  After I told him I was fine I went back to bed for another 3 hours and then finally made my way outside.  I spent about 1.5 hours on the internet updating this blog and replying to messages on facebook and then eventually made my way to see Dave Bolon at Sri Lanta, his resort.  The four of us sat in the sun, read, had some beers - everything you would want to do in Koh Lanta.  I went snorkelling as well but unfortunately the vis was horrible and the stuff I did see was nothing in comparison to Phi Phi.

I thought it was cool... random
  Kevin brought a Waboba ball from South Africa.  Most fun thing ever I will say.  It is a small soft ball, the size of a hackey sack, but its main purpose is to bounce on water.  So you and your friend stand about 40 feet apart and skim it off the water while throwing it to each other.  Super fun.  After a while in the sea, we decided to play the same game in the 10 foot long pool.  Perhaps not the best idea.  The worse idea though was allowing these two cute english kids (about 8 and 10) to play with us and to include their waboba ball in our game.  So now there are five of us, all children really, skimming balls off the waters surface in a 10ft long pool at a 5 star resort.  Is it weird that I always find myself in inappropriate situations?  After the game, we decided to head next door to Mong's Bar for some sundownders and to watch the beautiful sunset.
At Mong's, having a sundowner
  Sundowners turned into Vodka Red Bull Buckets and then into dinner and byt the time we knew it, 5pm was 10pm and we hadn't moved more then 2 feet.  Dave got super drunk, which was great because he was havin an amazing time, but his gf ouldn't have any of it.  I can tell you this, from hanging with the couples, I'm either going to be single for life, or I need to be in a Dave Barnett situation where both parties of the couple are super independant of each other but still love spending time together.  Just watching the whole scenario, I think I would have run into the ocean and never come back.  Yay single.  Yay independance.  Yay FREEDOM.  One of my biggest accomplishments in my life I think is the fact that at 29 I have worked hard enough to enjoy freedom within my work.
The Parisian Sisters. Eva and Em.
  I can go to and from my office when I please, take vacations when I please, etc.  Its about getting the job done, not how many hours you work in the office.  Anyway - the point is that I have worked my way up to these opportunities.  To give them up by having a gf who wants control over everything.  No Thanks.  Now taking applications for beautiful, independant, loving gfs :)  Anyone?  After Dave and Tammy left, the gf of the other couple, Lara, pointed out a group of girls to me that were next to our table.  I looked up into the sky and said thank you.  Time to once again, fall in love.  I sat down with them and started to chat - 2 sisters (20 & 23) - both unbelievably beautiful.  I have said it before but these take the cake, bar none.  One is a student in China as an exchange, one is an on-air television presenter (or was) in Paris, where they all live.  They were all so cool, we had the best chat, from surface stuff like ever been to Canada to dee deep thoughts like religeon and the universe and all that.  Really, I am so happy I sat down with them.  After about 1.5 horus, the mom went to bed and the two girls and I just hang out, and listened to msic (their favourite band: pink floyd - done, in love now) and shared a dish on the menu entitled Spec. Cig?  Seriously, it was on the menu.  How funny is that.  Afterward, I went to bed, watched some news, and fell asleep knowing I had yet another amazing day.

almidasa says:
Adsy - figured id comment and join the peanut gallery as well! glad all is well and that you are with your friends. Its freezing here...enjoy the sun
bikerdad says:
Sweet nectar! Fun experiences, new people, hopefully exciting and nourishing food and, of course, beautiful nature. Wow, how amazing is all this. So much world, all you need is time! Enjoy, enjoy. Thanks for the story which we all delight in reading. Its the daily fix! Sorry for the early morning call. With you all the way.
Gagmel says:
Hi Ads, great reading. sounds like you are really in the moment and feeling mellow. Days and night complete with sun, booze, girls and new friends - what better way to have a vacation. Miss you lots - take care of yourself.
Posted on: Dec 22, 2009
Just on the beach after a quick sw…
Just on the beach after a quick s…
At Mongs, having a sundowner