The Sun Has Found Her Victim...

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

The Streets of Phi Phi

I woke up and did a quick walk around town.  I needed speakers for my ipod.  Finally I found some, had a refreshing fruit shake and made my way to the beach.  Going to be honest.  It was one of those days I would have loved to have a friend travelling with me.  The english boys were too hungover from the night before that they only made it out of bed at 4pm.   I on the other hand, was pretty exhausted after dinner and made my way back to my bungalow.  Slept for about 3 hours and then, due to the insanely loud music from the bar on the beach, had no choice but to get up and hang out at the party for 3 more hours.  Yay for being the only dude drinking water at the Phi Phi beachparty.  Anyway - I grabbed one of the English guy's snorkels and went snorkelling on the beach.  The visibility was terrible and the goggles kept fogging up so really it was nothing special.  While in the water during one of my 4 or 5 swims, I met two Israeli girls who had just finished the army and were travelling for 6 months.  Cute little things.  After chatting for about 40 minutes, we made plans to meet for dinner at 8pm.  I stayed on the beach 'till about 6 and then went back to my bungalow to shower and take a nap.  7:55 and I am up and on my way to dinner.  I am not feeling too hot.  A little achy, nautious, Not sure why.  I have to assume it is the sun.  Thing is I am one of those guys who everyday is renting a chair and umbrella for teh shade and using them!  Anyway - Other than that fruit shake in the morning, I had half a pineapple and 4 small pieces of papaya all day.  When we went met up, as happy as I was to enjoy the copany of two young pretty Israeli girls, my body was just not feeling it.  We ordered our food - I got a cheese pizza.  Took one bite and was done.  Something is up as I couldnt eat.  Anyway - after dinner I went back to my place to get in an early night.  Unfortunately the stupid bars on the beach are just beyond obtrusive when it comes to the noise.  For 6 hours I was in and out of sleep.  It was horrible.  Finally it was over, I woke up at 8 and here I am.  I found a new place to stay. Not quite on the beach but tonight is going to be SOOOO quiet.  Can not wait.  The people here drink everyday, all day, like its breathing.  I just can't get how they do it.  I'll stickw with day time beach, fresh fruit, and R&R for now.

almidasa says:
Ads...sounds so nice and hot there. Enjoy the sun and the R and R. Glad you found a new place to stay. Thinkingof you everyday and checking your blog alllll the time to see what has been posted. Cant wait for the next one! Went out with mom yesterday and then they came over to give the boys chanukah gifts...really cute. Taking sam for his 2 month shots today - poor little boy!!! WE MISS YOU.
Gagmel says:
In case you forgot December 14 is a special day!
Gagmel says:
Ads - so enjoy reading about your experiences - stay safe and out of the sun for a ocuple of days! still have lots of mileage yet to go - enjoy being in the moment. M.