Day 1 of Holy Shit

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

I knew there was a ferry at 8:30am tp Phi Phi.  I knew I wanted to get the hell out of Phuket.  I didn't know that I didn't set my alarm the night before.  I got up at about 7:15am, jumped in the shower, packed my stuff, jumped in a cab/(unmarked car) and hit the gas hard to make it to Phuket town to catch the ferry.  Boat leaves at 8:30, got there 8:30.  Not on a very good start to make times, but like I said, no times allowed on this trip.  On the ferry, I finally started to see the beautiful side of Souther Thialand.  Warm Salt Water splahing in my face as the ferry hit sweels, flying fish jumping out of the water, and random islands popping straight out of the water like sharp tips of knives.  Gorgeous.  I thought to myself that this is the right time to start making new friends.  Foudn two guys who looked equally "fresh of the boat" and struck up a conversation.  Rory and Sam.  From Bristow, England.  Works for me.  Spoke for about 1.5 hours, and then saw the GORGEOUS (probably going to be using that word a lot through my holiday) islandof Phi Phi.  Holy SHit would be the right way to explain my thoughts.  Blue Water, Palm Trees.  Everything you would want to see sitting on your yacht 30 meters off the coast.  When we docked, the three of us walked for about an hour looking for a place to stay.  They are on a much tighter budget then I am but I had no problem saving money and we finally found a place.  It was kind of gross but it worked for the night until we had a bit more grounding.  We made our way to some lunch, then the beach.  I seriously can not explain how nice it is.  I know all those who have been here and are reading this will know what I am talking about.  I am on the back side of the island where they bars are situated.  White White Sand (although not as while as what will be on Monkey Bay), turqoise water, young people frolicking in hedonistic pleasure.  It was beautiful.  Decided it was time for a tip so Sam and I went it.  Phi Phi ("pee pee") finally makes sense as that is what the water feels like.  Walked for about 100 metres until the water was as high as my knees, struck up a conversation with 4 girls, and chilled in the shallow water for about an hour.  They were also Canadian but from Toronto.  Fitting.  Thousands of miles and I meet Canadian Girls.  Anyway - I am at this point having a female withdrawal and had to get my fix by some sort of communication.  Se we all chatted it up and enjoyed the 30 degree weather.  After the beach, we went back to our hotel, tooke a shower and went for dinner.  My first authentic Pad Thai in Thailand.  So delicious.  I struck up a conversation with the guys sitting next to us.  One form england, one from Auz.  Everyone is SO social here.  So friendly.  Everyone is kind of doing the same trip as well, just for different amounts of times and at different parts of their trips.  As a result, everyone wants to give advice or absorb some.  Its a great little system they have here in Thailand.  After we ate, we went to "Reggae Bar".  Imagine a huge bar, pool tables, etc., Oh right, and a giant Muay Thai boxing ring in the center.  After a few games of pool with my english pals and some guy named Mike form Ireland, the boxing started.  People, patrons, volunteer to get in the ring with strangers, friends, whoever to beach the shit out of each other.  Its really barbaric but at the same time, equally entertaining.  Once every 5 fights, they bring in pro fighter to show you the real thing.  Seriously, drinking a red bull vodka out of a plastic bucket while watching muay thai could be on the top of my "what do you want to do tonight list".   Oh right, the girls from the water, the Canadian ones, were there too.  We all had drinks, chatted it up (along with three very cool Irish Guys) and enjoyed the fights.  From there, off to the Beach for the outdoor parties at the three bars along the water.  FINALLY, at 4am, it was time to retreat home.  I am going to assume parents, sisters, extended family, will be ready this so I shall refrain from giving nightly details of what happens between 3-8am.  Day 1 of my trip is over and what an amazing start...

almidasa says:
Alan wants to know where brother in laws and friends read the xrated part...he wants to know if there is a special password - haha....enjoy
Posted on: Dec 12, 2009
almidasa says:
nice ending ads...nice and clean. thx. phi phi sounds amazing...loving the blog, great stuff. cant believe ur there.
Posted on: Dec 12, 2009