Light show? Nope! %$§@&!!!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

HK skyline rules!
I don't know how many times I stood at Kowloon Public Pier at night, enjoying the beautiful HK island skyline.
But so far I haven't made it in time to see the light show... probably this so called "light show" is just another urban myth and it doesn't exist in real life haha ;-)

As the bus ride from the airport to North Point took about an hour (Yay, no traffic jam this time...), my chance to see the light show was gone for today! Grrrr!
I also thought about going up to The Peak to take some nice night shots with the big camera, but it was too late for that too!

So I took Star Ferry to go to Kowloon side and took some pictures of the skyline.

Aaargh... for my last HK trip I bought a small and lightweight tripod for my big camera for shooting night photos.
:-)
I didn't use it last time, so this time I didn't bring it at all.
Instead I used an even smaller and even lighter Gorilla Pod I bought during my trip to Berlin in summer.
You know what - forget about that stupid Gorilla Pod! It's only useful as a regular tripod on an even surface. I tried to cramp it to the railing at the pier, but it was too slippy and I couldn't get it to stick there. Grrr!
Next time I will bring my tripod again!

Oh, also a good tripod replacement: When shooting the photos from Tokyo Tower, I used my small shoulder bag, put my sweater in there and used it as a camera stand. Up there, it worked very well, because there were some sort of window ledges at just the right height!
Certainly, the shoulder-bag-sweater-tripod-replacement-device just works when there is an appropiate surface.

Whatever... Some of the shoots turned out quite nice! :-)
alicegourmet says:
The skyline of Hong Kong always ranked to be #1 among the big cities.
Posted on: Dec 15, 2009