I can't believe I'm going to Belitung

Jakarta Travel Blog

In May a friend of mine asked me if I would be interested to go to Belitung to spend a long weekend. I agreed right away and started to make plans for the trip. Unfortunately, the trip was called off because it turned out that I had to work my ass off during that period preparing an important proposal for a client. Wow, the company where I work is so damn lucky to have such a diligent employee like me :P

With a tight traveling agenda, unexpected moving and all the adjustment I needed to deal with my new job and life in Jakarta, my plan to go to Belitung was easily forgotten.

When I started to be overwhelmed with the burden of challenging job and living in  Jakarta, I started to look for some options for long weekend escapism during “Ied Adha” outside Jakarta. Luckily, my famous traveling buddy Siska buzzed me. She asked if I would like to join her to go to Belitung and started bombarding me with her plans just in one breath. I was a bit confused how to control her excitement. Strangle her was not an option because we both were in different offices. So, as soon as she stopped to inhale, I said YES!

At the end of the day, there were 5 of us that were ready to soak up the sun in Belitung. Siska – the planner, Novi – the treasurer, Gildas – the photographer, Savitri – the doctor and myself – the clown.

A night before going to Belitung I slapped myself really hard in the face just to ensure that I wasn’t dreaming. It hurts! I wasn’t dreaming!

Still can’t believe I’m going to Belitung until I fell asleep.

Stevie_Wes says:
:)) The Clown is for sure made to work too hard - I notice the recurrent theme of your life : travel plans canceled owing to employer! (next time don't give yourself a slap, just a mild pinch upon the arm should suffice to divine reality;)
Posted on: Aug 26, 2010
row-zzzzz says:
Sounds fun, now I have to read on ... you a writer?! you're great!
Posted on: Jul 19, 2010
tj1777 says:
Hmm I thought you were the photographer - you lost your position?
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009