Day 15: Familie Tag

Bielefeld Travel Blog

It's another early rise and we head out without breakfast once again and we set TomTom to Bielefeld which is where her brother lives. Holgar, her brother/my dad's cousin/my uncle...maybe? lives in this really cool house in the forest and I'm excited to go out there for a nice day of rest since I still have this cold.

The drive was long...only liek 2 hours....but there were some Staus (Traffic Jams) which made it like 3 hours. I slept much of the way.

We arrived at Holgar's place in the afternoon and it has been raining all day! Once inside, we are greeted by Holgar, his wife(ish) Claudia, and his daughter Kira who is like my favorite relative. Although we can't communicate very well, I love that girl. She is now 11 and has grown a LOT! since I last saw her 3 years ago. We have a very nice German meal complete with many sausages, meat, potatoes, salad, and cake! Good cheese cake! It was so good.

We book a hotel in the nearby Sennestadt at the Senne Hotel and it was really nice becuase my grandma booked me my own single room and it was nice to finally havem y own room. I turned the TV and attempted to watch Monk and almost understood everything but I had to pay good attention. It was a nice day, gotta love family.
Bielefeld