Day 10: The Queen of the Nile

Berlin Travel Blog

We wake up, get ready, and go on our way by 9:30am for our first true German breakfast. I’ve been waiting for this day. The brotchen was amazing and the Käse, Butter, Schinken, and Aufschnit were so good! I’m looking forward to the next 2 weeks worth of breakfast. We ate at a really small Kneipe (bar) called the Xantener Eck, it was nice a quiet. Since this is my second time in Berlin, having seen all the big sites, we decide that our Berlin trip will be dedicated to all those smaller museums that we missed and also shopping; that’s okay with me. We first decide to head to the Museum Insel, or in English, the Museum Island. Went first to the Bodemuseum, which wasn’t all that interesting. The architecture was amazing but the things it housed wasn’t. Oh, and here is a word of advice, if you want to view a lot of architecture, come to Berlin. Because 80-90% of the city was completely destroyed, you have a lot of ugly modern buildings that were quick to build but you also have the amazing modern architecture such as the Sony Center. After the Bodemuseum, we went into the Altes or Old Museum, which housed the famous Nefertiti bust. You wouldn’t think that a bust of some Egyptian would be very fascinating but it really was pretty captivating. The little information said how it has had no restoration and was completely preserved where it was found. She really is “The most beautiful woman of Berlin.” It was really amazing. After these museums and seeing some sites such as the Berliner Dom and the driving by the Reichstag we made our way to Potsdamer Platz, which is an area in East Berlin, which has a rather large mall. I went straight to Wöhrls, which is like the German Urban Outfitters but about 53 times better. Yes, 53 times, no more, no less. I purchased a pair of Diesel jeans, just like last time 3 years ago, and I will not write how much I paid. I think it’s better that way. After going through the giant mall, we headed back to the Ku’damm and all the while, the hunt for the European shoes continues. A nice dinner at our favorite restaurant and bar the Graffiti is just what we needed and we went back to the apartment to relax and watch a rather entertaining and informational German game show. Did you know that if you put a fan behind a small sailboat it moves but if you set the fan in the boat that it won’t? Yeah, pretty strange.
Berlin