Trip to Cracow and other places - review.

Krakow Travel Blog

Trip to Cracow.
One day, my teacher proposed me a trip to Cracow.She told me I would go with her class because she needed one more person.
"Cracow? It could be interesting!" - i said.

I started trip from travelling by train during 11 hours ! Of course the train wasnt late ! It was scheduled time. Polish Intercity. But we had fun.

Stopping to many cities, we got to Warsaw. It was 5 am and of course we met there drunk man. He was sleeping because of he was so drunk! After Warsaw we were travelling about 5 hours. I have to say that on our
way (after Kielce) was so beautiful landscape. I liked especially Tunel. It was so beautiful and old stylized tunel. The train was travelling by this place.

And we got to Cracow. First sight which we saw was mix of old train station and modern shopping centre - Galeria Krakowska.
I liked it a lot. Then we got to our hostel. It was near Blonie Krakowskie and Wisla Cracow Stadium. I really liked that near us was a long avenue where people were skating and riding a bike.I liked it cause in my hometown people dont often fo skating. And we havent so colorful places.

Next day we saw oldtown in Cracow. There is specific climate. Old fashioned cafes and old beautiful marketplace with Sukiennice. Inside sukiennice there are armorial of polish cities. I`ve found Koszalin! I recomment so much this places.

Also we visited Wieliczka - old salt mine. Walking down tunnels and feeling taste of salt in mouth. its nice!This place also is worth to see.

Now I have to share my memories about really strange and horrible place. It is Oswiecim and concentration camps- Auschwitz and Birkenau.
This place should visit everyone. It shows us how brutal was II World War. IMPORTANT TIP: Dont go there with children :) Because of that place what ive visted, i ve started to learn history about Poland and about wars.Now we can hear that it was POLISH concentration camp, beacause it took place in Poland. It is not true. It is German camp built by Hitler. I know it is hard topic. But many times i ve heard that many peopleare saying stupid things about it (saying it was POLISH camp.) Ok maybe it isnt historical blog :) Anyway it is place worth to see.

In Cracow, there are many concerts and entertaiment atractions. People who like sight seeing and fun can find there a place where can relax and forget about daily problems. I really recomment Cracow and for example this places which i ve described. I hope you can understand my English and i`ve helped you to choose nice place to see in Poland.
williamsworld says:
Wow, very good. And yes, I understood your English. I know that the concentration camps were german. I have read a lot about them and it hurts me to think about. I do believe everyone should have to visi here so that this will never ever happen again. You gave some great insight. The train ride seemed long, but interesting.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2009