Celebrity Mercury

Alaska Travel Blog

The cruise was wonderful. However, I will never travel on the Celebrity Mercury again. The clubs/lounges would start shutting down at midnight and would turn the lights out on everyone by 12:30. It was hard to find regular drinks after 10PM. One night we couldn't find any drinks, even water. The Navigator Lounge located in the front of the ship had bad water leaks. You could smell the mold as soon as you walked into the lounge. It was so bad that when it rained they posted crew members there with buckets and cans of lysol. This was also in the only section of the only lounge that allowed smoking. So smokers did not have much choice but to sit there with the mold and water. I had a billing problem and was treated very rudely at the customer service desk. When we were back on shore I called Celebrity to let them know about the problems. After telling them the issues they put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then they came back on the phone and told me that there weren't any maintenance logs showing any issues with the ship and that was that.

On a positive note the dining room staff was excellent!