Preparing

New York Travel Blog

Hey everyone,

It is me again....:-).  Getting really excited about my trip.  Everyone on TravBuddy.com has been so nice and helpful.  We ended up deciding to fly down to Koh Samui, where we will be staying through Jan. 2.  Alex and I will take the ferry over to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon/NYE party on the 31st.  We will use the 30th to catch up on rest from traveling and probably just hang out on the beach in Koh Samui.  There is one right across from our hotel...or so I read.

In order to prepare I decided to take some quick Thai lessons...they have a free podcast which I downloaded that will hopefully help.  I figured since I have about a month I can learn a few phrases to help on our trip.

New York weather has been amazing this year.  Very mild but the thought of 90 degree weather is really making me anxious to get going.

After some discussion we thought of buying a ticket to fly to Krabi to head over to Koh Phi Phi to save the 8 hour bus ride but unfortunately a bunch of other people thought the same way so all flights on the 2nd, 3rd AND 4th were sold out.  Should be interesting to be on a bus for that long...hopefully we will meet other people who are going the same way so we can make the trip a little less miserable.

We are also figuring out exactly what to take with us.  Any suggestions would be helpful..we are trying to take as little as possible and will definitely be using a backpack!  2 weeks with no heels, or real makeup...hahaa...all my glory! Awesome!!!
inspiredthought says:
I found some useful packing information here.

Where did you find the Thai language podcast? Not that I'm going to have too much time for it. lol
Posted on: Dec 08, 2009