AfricaEgyptCairo

Touched down in Cairo

Cairo Travel Blog

Ready for boarding at Dubai airport

This trip was sort of spur of a moment, it didn't take long time to decide that I was going to Egypt during Eid Holiday(One of the Moslem Feast) here in Dubai. We took transit flight as it comes with the package, So started on 27th Nov we off with MEA(Middle East Airline) to Beirut first plus 3 hours transit, i felt like i'm flying to Asia or Europe if sum the total flying duration as if I had taken direct flight from Dubai to Cairo it's only 3 hours!! haha now it turned out to be 7 hours!! i know, tell me about it! Well, you got what you paid i guess :) Anyway, no rush or anything, so it's ok in the end. We arrived safely in Cairo, everything turned out as planned, the package that we got is already include airport transfer from and to hotel so when we landed there's already someone holding our name that was happily assisted us the whole time.

One unfortunate incident happened to my friend though, she lost her luggage and we found out that her luggage was still in Beirut, Lebanon. I told her, we're only gone for 4 days, is that necessary to bring a luggage??? lol. I found it quite ridicilous while the rest of us just brought our backpack so we can just store it in the cabin and to avoid the hassle etc..

Once we arrived to the hotel, it was already 10pm so we just headed to nearest place that still open, which is KFC, all time favorite and life saviour for me lol.

We felt it wasn't too safe somehow when we walking around at night as some people said something to us, I guess it's not common in Cairo for 4 girls to wander around at night in the street at this hour. we just rushed back to the hotel and had our food in the room.

We were so tired but excited also to start our itinerary the next day :)

Transit at Beirut airport
Transit at Beirut airport
Shalonie taking a nap
Shalonie taking a nap
Cairo Hotels & Accommodations review
Concorde Hotel is located in Dokki area near Nile River, Cairo. The building looks quite dodgy and the area too with its dark alley and some trash sca… read entire review
Cairo