Delta Scenic Flight

Okavango Delta Travel Blog

Flight over the Okavango Delta
After arriving back from the Delta all dirty and smelly I jumped into the shower at the campsite in Maun.  Tomorrow I, along with five others, would be leaving the tour and flying to Johannesburg whilst the seven others continued down to Cape Town.  I therefore had to cram all of my things into my rucksack in preparation for the flight tomorrow.

But, before we had our last meal together we went on a scenic flight over the Delta.  We split into two groups, one in a five seater plane and the other (including me) in a seven seater.  We saw elephants, giraffe and a huge herd of buffalo from the air, which was nice to see.  The highlight of the flight though was when we asked our pilot to perform some 'scary' manoeuvres.  We did corkscrews and zero gravity manoeuvres, which result in you feeling weightless for a few seconds.  It also meant that anything that was loose in the plane, like our bags would fly up into the air then crash back down.  It was so much fun and even our pilot enjoyed it.

Back at the campsite in Maun we had our last meal together and celebrated Carmela's birthday with a cake.
A huge herd of elephants
A huge herd of elephants
Our plane
Our plane
A scenic flight with a few thrill…
Okavango Delta