Vancouver! i want to live here!

Vancouver Travel Blog

me and sal going through customs

this trip came out of nowhere.. me and the vegas tbs have been planning to do a little trip since we arrived back in the good ole USA but nothing has ever come together.. then sal tells me about this really cheap flight to seattle for thanksgiving day weekend. so i said lets book it and we did.. the trip was originally supposed to be me jenn and sal but unfortunately jenn couldnt come with us but luckly melissa could! so the three of us were ready to go after discussing places to go. on wednesday i came into work and pretended to work until it was time for me to go to the airport. sal picked me up and drove me to the airport and then he headed back to work for a few hours.. i stayed in the airport reading my greek mythology book.. the alarms at the airport went off (not cause of me) but i guess they had a suspicous person or something like that... but i guess they cleared him cause it stoped after 30 mins.. our flight was to bellingham washington (just me and sal on the flight, we will meet melissa in vancouer cause she couldnt get the same flight as us)

Ofcourse i fell asleep instantly on the flight there. we arrived around 830 at the small airport and got our rental car. we were hungry at this point and drove around the small town for a bit trying to find fast food but couldnt even find a mcdonalds! (yeah i know its poison) but instead we went to a local coffee shop where we had a blt and tea.. then we drove to the canadian border which was about an hour away from the town.. it was dark and raining.. i was happy to see the border where the costumes officer asked us some legit questions. the first site of vancouver was great.. the city was just like i pictured to be a proper city. densely packed and highrises.. at around 10ish me and sal were still hungry so we drove through chinatown.. but everything was closed...it seems like everything closes early compared to vegas.. so we headed to our hotel which was called the renaissance hotel in downtown. we walked out of the hotel looking for something to eat and went into an elephant and castle pub... but they were doing last call at 11! and they no longer served food so instead we walked to the cactus bar where i had some guiness and chips and buffalo wings! yumm..  then sal suggested this club that had canadian idol? so i said why not.. turns out the club doesnt have those competitions till january and the club was pretty empty.. i had one more beer (guiness) and we called it a night.. we got back to our hotel around 130.. we had to get up early so we could have a look around and pick up melissa at the airport.

joc says:
Glad you had a great time in my hometown...yea, anybody that has been to Vancouver wants to live there - you should see it in the summer! :)
Africancrab says:
WOW, looking to go to Seattle sometime too, awesome blog!
RJ82 says:
adam, the airline was allegiant? or maybe alliance.. haha it might be allegiant. yeah they are very thorough in the customs gate..but i guess they dont want any illegal people there..
bellingham airport