Trip to the sea : Scarborough

Scarborough Travel Blog

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love sea. I've lived by the sea all my life and I still can't get enough. And I still don't know how to swim, ironically ))
Well, here in Yorkshire it takes us minimum hour and a half to get to the sea. But we can go either east or west for it. Well, we can go south or north as well, but it takes a lot longer than that.
I love east coast of Yorkshire. With all the cliffs and small towns and beaches. It's a shame we can't go every weekend, if it depended only on me, i'd go every day. or move there. There is still so much to see there. I haven't seen a hundredth part yet.
But one february morning we went to Scarborough. I believe this was our third trip to the coast, and I start with it. It's a small town that used to be a fishing village (like most of them) but now it is mostly fish'n'chips and arcade games for the tourists. Still the harbour is very beautiful, one part is taken by fance yachts, another by old fisherman boats. There is also a lighthouse which is worth mentioning as I know people who go to some places just to see a lighthouse (and I am one of them) and all the shore is covered in fishig nets that gives the place very authentic look. I could spend hours there. The town itself has a castle on top of the hill and several shopping streets. Lovely place for a day off, would definitely go back in the summer.
83 km (52 miles) traveled